WHERE AND WHEN:The MCG, Saturday 15 September, 7.45pm LAST TIME: West Coast 15.17 (107) d Collingwood 8.10 (58), round 22, 2012, at Patersons Stadium THE LOWDOWN Two of the biggest clubs in the AFL do battle at the MCG on Saturday night, with both having remarkably similar seasons. They both had their periods of [...]
HAWTHORN 7.1 10.6 11.10 14.11 (95) WEST COAST 1.3 4.4 5.7 10.10 (70) It only took one quarter for Lance Franklin to have his influence, but it was one of his best, and it played a large role in ensuring Hawthorn’s vice on the minor premiership with a comfortable 25-point [...]
Hawthorn vs West Coast Friday, 31st August 7:50pm, MCG Live Chat Friday night on the BigFooty AFL Board Another Friday night thriller looms as the Hawks hope to clinch the minor premiership and the Eagles look to cement a top four finish. This battle of the birds sees two sides hitting ominous form at the [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: Patersons Stadium, Saturday August 25, 5.40pm Collingwood will make the dreaded trip to the west to face West Coast in a game that could have significant ramifications on the final ladder positions. If the Pies can get over the line they will secure their place in the top 4. However if the Eagles can knock off [...]
PORT ADELAIDE 0.5 1.7 4.10 6.14 (50) WEST COAST 3.4 8.8 9.10 14.14 (98) West Coast has kept its top four aspirations alive, accounting for a wasteful Port Adelaide by 48 points at AAMI Stadium. The Eagles led by Scott Selwood (34 disposals, seven tackles), Beau Watters (23 disposals, nine rebound 50s) and [...]
Chris Scott has had an eventful week. Not content with scaring Gerard Healy half to death on live television for dissing his brother, he also managed to annoy a good section of Western Australia. The West Coast supporting section in particular. Scott claimed after the match that elements – he later clarified this to 0.1 [...]
Geelong captain Joel Selwood has been offered a reprimand and 84 demerit points for pushing brother and West Coast player Adam during the first quarter of the Eagles victory over the Cats at Patersons Stadium on Friday Night. The Match Review Panel deemed it a level one misconduct charge for making unnecessary or unreasonable contact with [...]
FREMANTLE 4.2 7.6 15.9 17.11 (113) WEST COAST 1.5 1.10 5.11 6.12 (48) Fremantle have bolstered their finals aspirations with a thumping 65-point win over arch-rivals West Coast in the Derby. Matthew Pavlich kicked a breath-taking eight goals to claim the Ross Glendinning medal for [...]
North Melbourne v West Coast Blundstone Arena – 1:45PM – Saturday 7 July North Melbourne will attempt to reclaim their position in the top eight by upsetting the high flying West Coast Eagles at Blundstone Arena, Saturday July 7. Having been displaced by Carlton after their upset win last night against Collingwood, North Melbourne now [...]
COLLINGWOOD 3.5 6.6 11.10 12.13 (85) WEST COAST 2.3 7.6 9.7 12.10 (82) Collingwood has climbed to the top of the AFL ladder after defeating a gallant West Coast by three points at the MCG. The Pies were taken to the very verge of defeat but where able to hold on in [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] has done a number of historical items in rec...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Football in Christchurch, NZ | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)