Another blow-out looms for battling Bulldogs, with the Swans eyeing their fourth consecutive victory over the Dogs in the first clash between the two clubs at Etihad Stadium. The Dogs have to avoid their ninth straight loss in a row after a disappointing result against the Tigers last week. The Sydney Swans’ nine-match winning streak was broken [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: ANZ Stadium, Saturday August 11, 7.40pm Six years ago Sydney edged out Collingwood by 1 point, since then they have been unable to replicate the result. That looks set to change as the top of the table Swans have the form. Sydney made it 9 in a row last week when they accounted [...]
CARLTON 3.1 5.3 6.6 10.11 (71) SYDNEY SWANS 4.4 8.6 11.8 14.9 (93) The Swans have continued on their merry way as they march towards a home final, doing what was needed against a solid Carlton at Etihad on Sunday. Their 22-point victory leaves Carlton with little hope of making the finals after a commanding [...]
Could the betting market be following the Weekly Punt? Only three value lines found this week but we only bet when there is value. It is the reason why this weekly article has shown you how to almost quadruple your stake in just over three months. The Weekly Punt is starting to really like the [...]
There would be two games that stick in the minds of the Sydney Swans from earlier in the season. Their awful effort against the Tigers and performance against the Saints, saw them completely dominated from start to finish. These could cause doubts in the minds of players, so a win against the Blues to back [...]
GOLD COAST 2.1 5.2 7.4 8.6 (54) SYDNEY SWANS 6.3 8.7 16.9 19.12 (126) Once again Suns captain Gary Ablett has produced a masterclass yet has still been powerless to stop his Suns from being completely dismantled by a superior opponent. The Swans rotated opponents off the Brownlow Medallist, allowing their midfield group to quickly [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: Metricon Stadium, Saturday July 28, 7.40pm LAST TIME: Sydney Swans 15.16 (106) d Gold Coast 4.12 (36), round 16, 2011, at Metricon Stadium Gold Coast play host to what is quickly becoming one of the toughest tasks in the AFL on Saturday night, the rampaging Sydney Swans. The young Suns [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: SCG, Sunday, June 22, 1.10pm LAST TIME: St Kilda 16.15 (111) d Sydney Swans 12.11 (83), round nine, 2012 at Etihad Stadium The last time these two played, the Swans were completely surprised by a determined Saints side which completely controlled proceedings right from the outset. They lost by 28 points, but the level [...]
Grinners Gold Coast Ultimately, despite all the vitriol targeted at Richmond for deciding to sell the game to Cairns, there are still two sides playing footy. The Suns exposed Richmond’s lack of depth and got themselves the chocolates and deservedly so after a season of near-wins against good sides. Sydney Dominant out west and now [...]
WEST COAST 4.3 7.7 8.8 10.9 (69) SYDNEY SWANS 5.1 10.4 13.8 18.13 (121) The Sydney Swans have asserted their spot at the top of the AFL ladder with a 52-point victory over the Eagles in Perth. The Swans ended an eighteen game winning streak for the Eagles at home, and extended their streak to [...]
- Footy in the Provinces – Canterbury, NZ December 9, 2013
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (25)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)