SYDNEY champion Adam Goodes could make a spectacular return this week after surviving a gruelling training session. Goodes, who hasn’t played since round 13, had struggled to return to running following a knee injury. Swans coach John Longmire was optimistic that his star player could return. “He had a pretty dramatic improvement in the last [...]
In a day marred with controversy, there was still some action to be had on the trade tables as we countdown with two days remaining in the 2012 trade period. The AFL has launched an official investigation into Adelaide’s last contract with on-the-move forward Kurt Tippett after the Crows board revealed they had come [...]
HAWTHORN 4.5 4.6 9.10 11.15 (81) SYDNEY SWANS 1.4 7.4 10.5 14.7 (91) Sydney are the 2012 premiers, triumphing over Hawthorn in an absolute epic in front of 99,683 passionate AFL fans. Ryan O’Keefe took the Norm Smith medal as best on ground, but there were so many winners [...]
Well, it’s here. Grand Final Day. It’s been a spectacular 2012 and there’s no reason to expect that isn’t going to stop now, with two closely matched sides poised to fight out what will hopefully be a cracker at the MCG this afternoon. But what will be the difference for each side today? Since the [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: SCG, Saturday August 25, 4.40pm LAST TIME: Sydney Swans 16.10 (106) d Hawthorn 10.9 (69), round five, 2012 at Aurora Stadium In what looms as an absolutely mouth-watering clash of incredible importance, the Swans and the Hawks will do battle at the SCG on Saturday evening. Although we’ve seen first take on second towards [...]
WESTERN BULLDOGS 6.2 8.3 11.5 13.7 (85) SYDNEY SWANS 3.2 10.5 16.9 26.11 (167) The Sydney Swans have overcome a spirited Western Bulldogs, and an incredible club record 47-disposal game from Ryan Griffen, to take clear top spot on the AFL ladder with an 82-point victory. In a strange round of upsets, where two of [...]
Another blow-out looms for battling Bulldogs, with the Swans eyeing their fourth consecutive victory over the Dogs in the first clash between the two clubs at Etihad Stadium. The Dogs have to avoid their ninth straight loss in a row after a disappointing result against the Tigers last week. The Sydney Swans’ nine-match winning streak was broken [...]
CARLTON 3.1 5.3 6.6 10.11 (71) SYDNEY SWANS 4.4 8.6 11.8 14.9 (93) The Swans have continued on their merry way as they march towards a home final, doing what was needed against a solid Carlton at Etihad on Sunday. Their 22-point victory leaves Carlton with little hope of making the finals after a commanding [...]
GOLD COAST 2.1 5.2 7.4 8.6 (54) SYDNEY SWANS 6.3 8.7 16.9 19.12 (126) Once again Suns captain Gary Ablett has produced a masterclass yet has still been powerless to stop his Suns from being completely dismantled by a superior opponent. The Swans rotated opponents off the Brownlow Medallist, allowing their midfield group to quickly [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: Metricon Stadium, Saturday July 28, 7.40pm LAST TIME: Sydney Swans 15.16 (106) d Gold Coast 4.12 (36), round 16, 2011, at Metricon Stadium Gold Coast play host to what is quickly becoming one of the toughest tasks in the AFL on Saturday night, the rampaging Sydney Swans. The young Suns [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)