Free agency is over and the final week of the trade period looms large as another busy week has finished up. It started predictably slow, but finished with a flurry as a host of players – some expected, some not so much so, found new homes. There was a lot of speculation and plenty of [...]
Fremantle vs Melbourne Saturday, 1st September Patersons Stadium, 7:40pm Fremantle’s coaches will have their calculators out as part of their pre-game warm up as the Dockers will be in the unique position of knowing exactly how much they will have to win by to possibly claim a home final. While the Demons have shown some [...]
MELBOURNE 3.4 5.7 8.10 11.15 (81) ADELAIDE 5.3 10.8 20.12 22.18 (150) Adelaide have ruined retiring Melbourne club champion Brad Green’s final match with a 69-point win over the Demons at the MCG. Despite being challenged early Adelaide proved to be skillful and mature for their opponents, bringing bone crunching-intensity in the third quarter before [...]
GWS GIANTS 2.2 4.4 4.5 9.5 (59) MELBOURNE 3.4 6.10 9.13 11.18 (84) Melbourne has won its fourth game of the season, beating the GWS Giants by 25 points in a scrappy clash at Manuka Oval. With allegations of tanking hanging over their heads, the Demons attempted some misplaced champagne football but never really looked [...]
ST KILDA 4.2 5.5 12.11 16.11 (107) MELBOURNE 0.3 2.7 4.9 12.10 (82) St Kilda has recorded a comfortable 25-point victory in a scrappy affair at the MCG to keep its slim finals hopes alive, but it has come at a cost with captain and leading goalkicker Nick Riewoldt injured in the first quarter. Riewoldt [...]
St. Kilda v Melbourne MCG – 1:45PM – Saturday 11 August St. Kilda will be looking to keep their faint glimpses of finals football alive when they come up against Melbourne this Saturday at the MCG. The Saints sit precariously two wins outside the eight with only four games left for the season. While a [...]
Melbourne 6.6 10.7 13.8 16.12 (108) Gold Coast 0.2 4.5 5.9 9.12 (66) Melbourne has recorded just its third win for the year with a well earned 42 point victory against the Gold Coast Suns at the MCG. Despite the Suns possessing two of the best three players on the ground in Bennell (38 disposals, [...]
Melbourne Vs Gold Coast MCG Sunday, 5th August, 1.10pm This week Melbourne have been brandished “almost irrelevant” by Paul Roos and accused of tanking by former player Brock McLean, and will have even more to lose if they don’t get over 17th placed Gold Coast. McLean opened a can of worms accusing his former club [...]
MELBOURNE 5.0 5.1 7.5 8.8 (56) PORT ADELAIDE 2.5 5.10 8.10 12.12 (84) Port Adelaide has claimed their fifth win of the season in an uninspiring clash with Melbourne at Darwin. The Demons were disgraceful in the final three quarters, as Port Adelaide adapted much better to the [...]
Where and When: TIO Stadium – Saturday 21 July, 7.40pm In what has turned into a blockbuster round for finals-bound teams, the heat will be on in Darwin as a goal-fest looms between Melbourne and Port Adelaide. While the clash between the 15th and 16th placed teams may not look like much on paper in [...]
- Footy in the Provinces – Canterbury, NZ December 9, 2013
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (25)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)