Chris McMaster takes us through why the ACL is injured, exploring the mechanism of the knee. ACL injuries occur in a variety of different ways, but the principles remain the same. The ACL attaches to the inside of the tibia (shin), but to the outside of the femur (thigh). This means that any force that [...]
It has been a horror run for knee injuries this pre-season, and that was only after Round 1 of the NAB Cup. Some have come in-game, others before the first ball-up has even been contested. By my count, we have seen 3 ACL tears and 2 isolated MCL tears this pre-season. If you add to [...]
Richmond, Hawthorn and North Melbourne The first game of football for 2012 was a forgettable one for all involved. In a generally scrappy affair, North Melbourne came away with a narrow victory at the expense of an injury headache. Leigh Adams and Reece Conca clashed heads, with Adams needing to be subbed off with a [...]
In the countdown to the first football match of 2012, the Eagles have been dealt a crushing blow. Mercurial forward Mark LeCras has been sidelined indefinitely with a tear to the ACL in his right knee. The incident occurred yesterday during training, not long after LeCras was announced in the side to take on cross-town [...]
After going A to G, we turn our focus to the remaining nine teams to put the spotlight on a key player and their fight for fitness in season 2012. Hawthorn: Jarryd Roughhead – Jarryd Roughead had a difficult 2011. An achilles tendon rupture in round 12 meant that Roughead had to watch his side [...]
We go through every team to put the spotlight on a key player and their fight for fitness in season 2012. Whether it’s an ACL or patella tendinopathy, read about it hear on BigFooty News. Adelaide: Ben Rutten – Adelaide appear to have escaped with a relatively injury-free pre-season. The biggest question mark entering the [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] has done a number of historical items in rec...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Football in Christchurch, NZ | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)