Won 16 Lost 5, 140.98% Position: Premiers The Sydney Swans were unexpected winners, and underrated by almost everyone in the AFL except themselves in claiming the 2012 premiership. The club may not have bought about a revolution in tactics or style, but did more than anyone in proving the maxim ‘a champion team will beat [...]
Ladder position: 11th Win/loss: 11 wins, 11 losses, 100.05% Season More so than any in living memory, Essendon’s 2012 was a season of two halves. The Bombers were the talk of the AFL and sitting 8-3 at the half way mark, only to see their list fall apart at the seams in the last eleven [...]
With the demons of Fevola buried, the Brisbane Lions are showing signs of life once again. Ladder Position: 13th Win-Loss and Percentage: 10-12, 91.01% The Season In a season that surpassed any realistic expectations, the Brisbane Lions have well and truly shown signs that they’re on the way back. Ten wins for the year is a [...]
Ladder Position and Percentage: 15th – 5 wins, 17 losses, 67.01% 2011 Finish: 10th – 9 wins, 13 losses, 95.59% After three consecutive years around the highest point of the ladder, the Dogs have continued slipping into the doldrums, but have escaped the criticism leveled at Melbourne and Port Adelaide in 2012. Their new coach, Brendan McCartney, [...]
It couldn’t get much worse for Melbourne in 2012. The death of Jim Stynes, the Aaron Davey-Mark Neeld-Jason Mifsud racism scandal, EnergyWatch, the Liam Jurrah issues as well as a terrible year onfield all combined to produce one of the worst rides for supporters of any side in recent history. What’s worse is that sitting [...]
It’s been a tough ride for Guy McKenna and Gold Coast in 2012. Questions have swirled about McKenna’s coaching ability and questions about a contract renewal. There have been both stars and underperformers in 2012: Gary Ablett is surely a Brownlow contender despite playing in a side which finished in the bottom two. Harley Bennell [...]
Before the start of the 2012 season, this writer tipped that Greater Western Sydney would go winless. A bunch of near-retired players, a few younger uncontracted players, and then kids? Nearly no rucks to speak of? It spelt for a long year for the AFL’s newest side. But I was wrong. Despite the challenges they [...]
After round 12, all 18 clubs in the competition will have played at least 11 games of footy, marking the midway point of the year. This is the perfect opportunity to review how well the clubs are travelling. Note: Only the first 11 games for a club will be taken into account for this review, [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)