‘Kick it to the S#!T HOUSE’, compiled by Michael Winkler and prefaced by Dennis Cometti, is a book that is charming in its unabashed rudeness. Boldly stating that it contains ‘Great Australian Sporting Quotes’, ‘Kick it’ is a veritable smorgasbord of compiled gems from some of the great national sporting personalities in living memory. The [...]
The Australian sports fan’s quadrennial interest in random sports like European Handball and Judo is about to kick off again. The London Olympics starts early Saturday morning, Australian time with an opening ceremony predicted to feature James Bond, Paul McCartney, Harry Potter and the Queen. The undoubted star of the Aussie team is James Magnussen, [...]
A few days ago Glenn Jackson wrote an article in the Sydney Morning Herald. He reported that AFL Sydney were interested in playing local matches on Birchgrove Oval, the original home of Rugby League. The way he wrote it came across as if the AFL was taking over the world. This is of course not [...]
Football clubs are made up of people. If you are ever involved in a footy club, you’ll come across these people. Some you won’t pay much mind to, others you naturally won’t have much interaction with, but others will strike you with their interest in how you are doing, just because you are a player [...]
Back in the day, a footballer would turn up to training every day, maybe have a word to the media if they were in-form, play a match on the weekend and retire home…but not any more. With the institutionalisation of Twitter in Australia, football players can now speak their respective minds to the world every [...]
Robbo proclaimed on AFL360 tonight that he’d love some sleep. Working 19 hours a day is starting to get to him; and here at the BigFooty News, we get the insight into what that day is like. 10am: Wake up, dust stale Doritos off chest, find some particularly stubborn crumbs nestled in chest hair. Undergo [...]
Now back to your regularly scheduled BigFooty News…
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)