Collingwood captain Nick Maxwell has been offered a two-match ban by the AFL Match Review Panel for engaging in rough conduct with Hawthorn’s Paul Puopolo during Friday Night’s First Qualifying Final. The charge was graded as a level three offence which equates to 325 demerit points and a three match ban, but Maxwell can accept [...]
Hawthorn hardman Jordan Lewis doesn’t have a case to answer after being cleared by the AFL’s Match Review Panel for a heavy tackle on Sydney Swan Luke Parker during the first quarter of the Hawks seven-point win at the SCG on Saturday Afternoon. The Match Review Panel declared that the tackle was not a reportable [...]
Geelong captain Joel Selwood has been offered a reprimand and 84 demerit points for pushing brother and West Coast player Adam during the first quarter of the Eagles victory over the Cats at Patersons Stadium on Friday Night. The Match Review Panel deemed it a level one misconduct charge for making unnecessary or unreasonable contact with [...]
Adelaide’s midfield superstar Scott Thompson remains in contention for the AFL’s most prestigious award, the Brownlow Medal, after his high bump on Geelong’s Steve Johnson was cleared of being malicious. Geelong were forced to sub Johnson out of the match after he was bumped by Thompson in the first few seconds of the Cats’ 27 [...]
Melbourne high-flyer Jeremy Howe will face the AFL Tribunal on Tuesday night after the Match Review Panel bypassed his case. Howe alledgedly wiped blood from his knee on Port Adelaide defender Tom Jonas’ shorts during the third quarter of Saturday Night’s match in Darwin, which the Demons lost by 28 points. He was charged with [...]
Carlton’s Chris Judd and North Melbourne’s Jack Ziebell have been suspended by the AFL Tribunal. Judd was hit with a four week ban for causing intentional misconduct against Kangaroo Leigh Adams. The Blues skipper insisted that he did not intend to hurt Adams, however the Tribunal jury disagreed. Judd was hit with a penalty of [...]
Carlton captain Chris Judd is headed directly to the tribunal after Match Review Panel chairman Mark Fraser said his behaviour was both unsportsmanlike and a bad reflection on the game. Judd has been accused of a “chicken-wing” tackle on the Kangaroos Leigh Adams in the first term, pulling the Roo’s arm up behind his back [...]
The AFL’s match review panel has always been contentious among the AFL community. After introducing the point-based system in 2005 to establish a consistency amongst findings, the panel has only succeeded in consistently producing inconsistency. Match review panel decisions will always bear some levels of controversy, though the means exist to minimise the fluctuation prevalent [...]
Essendon’s Leroy Jetta has become the first player to be cited by the Match Review Panel for staging after diving in an attempt to draw a free-kick on Saturday night. After kicking a goal in the second quarter, Jetta milked a small amount of contact and the incident was subsequently looked at. He went to [...]
Key Adelaide forward and Coleman Medal leader Taylor Walker will miss the next two rounds after pleading guilty to a rough conduct charge. Had Walker fought the charge in front of the tribunal and failed, he may have copped a three-match ban. Taylor Walker was cited for a sling tackle on Geelong’s Harry Taylor. So [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)