Tony Shaw isn’t the brightest bulb in the illustrious display that is the footy media. Any man comprehensively outsmarted by a tree is unlikely to be asked to give a TED lecture anytime soon. His lack of mental acuity was proven recently on live television when he said that it was a shame that small [...]
This article concludes our two-part analysis of all the Irish players in the AFL in 2012. Part 1 previewed the first four Irishmen’s prospects for the coming year and included the Brisbane Lions’ Pearce Hanley and Carlton’s Zach Tuohy. These are the remaining Irishmen to watch in 2012… Marty Clarke (Collingwood) Collingwood’s prodigal Irish son [...]
2012 could be viewed in many ways as a watershed year for the so-called “Irish Experiment” and the numerous Irish players playing with AFL clubs. With 2011 having seen the retirement of Tadhg Kennelly after 10 successful years with the Sydney Swans, which of course included a memorable Premiership in 2005, the onus now falls [...]
After two long weeks, the first round of the NAB Cup has finally finished and footy fans all over have been asking themselves one question: Do we really have to endure another three weeks of this? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ungrateful for the current matches we’ve been provided with but after a long [...]
It has been a horror run for knee injuries this pre-season, and that was only after Round 1 of the NAB Cup. Some have come in-game, others before the first ball-up has even been contested. By my count, we have seen 3 ACL tears and 2 isolated MCL tears this pre-season. If you add to [...]
Sure, every team has their star. Their B&F challenger, their Brownlow medallist, the player (or players) who draw in their fans. However, there are also a lot of unheralded heroes in the AFL, and here’s a few. 10- Dale Morris (Western Bulldogs) Morris has come through the rookie system and become a steady part of [...]
Mick Malthouse whiles away the long, lonely hours at home.
After going A to G, we turn our focus to the remaining nine teams to put the spotlight on a key player and their fight for fitness in season 2012. Hawthorn: Jarryd Roughhead – Jarryd Roughead had a difficult 2011. An achilles tendon rupture in round 12 meant that Roughead had to watch his side [...]
- Monday Autopsies – AFL Round 8, 2013 May 20, 2013
- West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne – AFL Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- AFL Teams – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- BigFooty Podcasts – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- Premiership favourites best bets this week May 16, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 7 2013 May 10, 2013
- Round of the year provides extra value May 9, 2013
- No White Knight May 7, 2013
- Cats money May 2, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 6 2013 May 2, 2013
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: Good article, Jamie. We definitely don't need t...
- arch@M32: Home costs more to buy but it should also sell for...
- AFL House (22)
- Announcements (17)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (25)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (16)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (34)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (8)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (16)
- Match Previews (234)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (3)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (8)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (1)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (17)
- Technology (3)
- VFL (11)