According to the punditry, everyone will do better in 2013. This rather extraordinary exercise in groupthink has occurred holistically but, basically, everyone seems to be suggesting this year is the most difficult to pick the eight finalists, how everyone is improved in 2012, all the while essentially picking the same final eight, the next four, [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: AAMI Stadium, Saturday August 25, 1.40pm Brisbane will be looking to make it two wins in a row against South Australian teams when they face Port Adelaide. The Lions pulled off the upset of the round last week defeating Adelaide at home. This was the second top 5 team they have beaten for the year which will [...]
Sometimes the greatest feeling of excitement is the one that accompanies having no earthly idea what is going to happen. It is a feeling that has disappeared from the standard range of emotions for St Kilda fans watching their team play over the last few years. While they have enjoyed a consistent performance and level [...]
Seppo on BigFooty.com has cut together this ra-ra video preview by Sir David Attenborough. “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
2011 Position: 2nd Win/Loss: 22/3 Percentage: 167.66% Ignoring the last game of the season, Collingwood had a wonderful season which saw them defeat all but one team. Unfortunately for the Pies, that team was the Geelong juggernaut which saw them fall agonisingly short of a back-to-back premiership. They won twenty of twenty two games, one [...]
GEELONG CATS2011 Ladder Position: 2nd Win/Loss: 19/3 Percentage:157.38Coming off yet another Premiership Flag, Geelong will have to ensure the fitness and desire of their older brigade is at a premium if they are to finally go ‘back to back’.Heavily favored to slide after the loss of Gary Ablett to the Gold Coast Suns, the Cats [...]
2011 Stats Ladder Position: 3rd Win/Loss: 18/4 Percentage: 144.12% Hawthorn’s 2012 was bordering on elite, but in a competition with such cream at the top it becomes difficult to work out a winner. In the end, it took a battling, scrappy preliminary final and for Hawthorn to get run over in the final quarter to [...]
WEST COAST EAGLES 2011 finish: 4th W/L: 17-5 Percentage: 130.32 Perhaps the only thing harder than achieving a meteoric rise up the ladder is backing it up the following year. Yet that’s what West Coast have in mind as they take on 2012 with a fit list and an attitude that anything, maybe even [...]
Carlton Blues 2011 Ladder Position: 5th Win/Loss: 14/7 (1 Draw) Percentage: 130.88 After two consecutive Elimination Final exits in close encounters, Carlton finally managed to snare that elusive finals win in prolific fashion against rival Essendon. The win was the club’s first finals victory since 2001. Carlton emphatically responded to claims that their forward line [...]
2011 Stats Ladder Position: 6th Wins/Losses: 12/9 (1 Draw) Percentage: 112.76% 2011 was more a hangover for the Saints than anything else. After two seasons of coming so close to premierships, they started extremely slowly and were embroiled in questions of whether they were capable of challenging again. Their finals appearance saw them lose to [...]
- Footy in the Provinces – Canterbury, NZ December 9, 2013
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (25)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)