Sympathy is not an emotion I often feel for Chris Judd. In fact, I really don’t like the bloke. He’s a sniper, he’s a hypocrite and he’s a bloody good footballer who has a habit of playing well against my mob. But I must say I do feel for Judd, astoundingly, in the wake of [...]
Good clubs don’t lose great people. Whatever you think of Grant Thomas, it’s hard to argue with this contention as Brendon Goddard, 2002 #1 draft pick and life member of the St Kilda Football Club, prepares to finish his playing days at Essendon. However, the reality is a lot less black and white than that. [...]
Well, it’s here. Grand Final Day. It’s been a spectacular 2012 and there’s no reason to expect that isn’t going to stop now, with two closely matched sides poised to fight out what will hopefully be a cracker at the MCG this afternoon. But what will be the difference for each side today? Since the [...]
More eagerly awaited than a “WOWEE” from Brian Taylor… More wonderfully articulated than an elocution course conducted by Andrew Demetriou… Fairer than Adelaide’s fixture… It’s the 2012 edition of everyone’s favourite awards – The Punter Awards! The Aunty Jack Award for best ability to “Rip Your Bloody Arms Off” To Chris Judd, who knows more than three [...]
Jobe Watson is a worthy winner of the Brownlow medal. He plays hard but fair. He is courageous and he leads by example. And in the dog days of Essendon’s season, when his teammates looked liked they had given up the ghost, Jobe just kept on keeping on. So I congratulate Jobe Watson and salute [...]
Why is it that we can watch lawn bowls in high definition in this country but, unless you are willing to cough up for pay TV, you won’t be able to watch a live HD telecast of the Grand Final of the largest and most popular sport in the land? The simple reason is because [...]
The criteria for this list of the worst possible footy team of 2012 players were no first year players and a minimum of 10 games played for the year. We mostly stuck with that, but a few special exceptions were made. Thanks to the dozens and dozens of people who posted on the BigFooty.com All [...]
Trolling is all the rage these days. A woman called Charlotte Dawson, who whose existence I was blissfully unaware of until she managed to get herself in a “Twitter War” – there’s few lamer phrases going around – with a bunch of people, including someone who should know better. Dawson ended up in hospital and [...]
At the end of this month, one side will be celebrating the success of a premiership. Will it be Collingwood, West Coast, Hawthorn or Sydney? One thing for certain though, is obviously that it won’t be the Western Bulldogs. They’ve only won one premiership in their history; 1954. Their best opportunity was arguably from 2008-2010. [...]
One of the few things I learned in school is that behind all the awesome violence and rooting in Shakespeare, there’s often a Message to be had. The Scottish play, Macbeth, has a particularly easy to comprehend moral: naked ambition, when realised by bloodshed, rarely leads to happiness, indeed, usually resulting in torment and ultimately [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)