It’s the classic boyhood dream. You’re playing for your team. Grand Final. You’ve marked it. Siren sounds. You line up… GOAL! You’ve won the premiership and you’re forever a hero. Although interestingly, in over 100 years of the VFL/AFL, not one Grand Final has been decided with a kick after the final siren. There have [...]
Every year there’s a few bolters. A few guys who just make you sit up and go ‘whoa, where the heck did HE come from?’. Some of them are shocks, others more expected but nonetheless pleasing to their own fans. 10) Craig Bird (Sydney) Your author hadn’t even heard of him until he stumbled across [...]
Backs: Eric Mackenzie (West Coast) – Mackenzie performed honourably on Buddy for the majority of the night. His shut-down role clearly frustrated Buddy, who had seven free kicks against and 1 goal 6 behinds. Mackenzie was also involved in a lot of play and gathered 27 touches, second only to Kerr for West Coast. Harry Taylor (Geelong) – [...]
History is written by the winners. While Paul Chapman’s heroics in the 2009 Grand Final have entered footballing folklore, Brendon Goddard’s performance in the same game with a broken collarbone and broken nose has been consigned to the dustbin of history. While it is only right to celebrate the teams that reach the pinnacle of [...]
After two long weeks, the first round of the NAB Cup has finally finished and footy fans all over have been asking themselves one question: Do we really have to endure another three weeks of this? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ungrateful for the current matches we’ve been provided with but after a long [...]
Welcome to the final part in the seven-part series of 120 Years of Collingwood. Here we meet our top five players who are all champions in their own right. Any one of them could have been justified in being number one, but there can only be one, so here are my choices, starting at number [...]
Welcome to Part 6 of 120 Years of Collingwood. Today’s part reveals the lower half of the top ten players. We have 14 Premierships, 11 Copeland Trophies, eight goal-kicking awards and three Champions of the Colony/Brownlow Medals between the five players. It will cause controversy as some are rated higher, but these are my 6-10. [...]
Welcome to part five of the 120 Years of Collingwood series. Today we are looking at the some of the top 20 Collingwood players of all time. This set of players are mostly Team of the Century players, club legends or goal scoring champions. In Part 6, it will be those players inside the top [...]
Welcome to part four of the 120 Years of Collingwood. In this part we now start to unearth some Team of the Century players, a few stars of yesteryear and a player who is much more reknowned for his coaching capabilities. So here is the players ranked 31-40 of all time for the Collingwood Football [...]
Sure, every team has their star. Their B&F challenger, their Brownlow medallist, the player (or players) who draw in their fans. However, there are also a lot of unheralded heroes in the AFL, and here’s a few. 10- Dale Morris (Western Bulldogs) Morris has come through the rookie system and become a steady part of [...]
- AFL Teams – Rd 9, 2013 May 23, 2013
- Best value round of the year May 23, 2013
- Monday Autopsies – AFL Round 8, 2013 May 20, 2013
- West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne – AFL Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- AFL Teams – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- BigFooty Podcasts – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- Premiership favourites best bets this week May 16, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 7 2013 May 10, 2013
- Round of the year provides extra value May 9, 2013
- No White Knight May 7, 2013
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: Good article, Jamie. We definitely don't need t...
- arch@M32: Home costs more to buy but it should also sell for...
- AFL House (22)
- Announcements (17)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (25)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (16)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (35)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (8)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (16)
- Match Previews (234)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (3)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (8)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (1)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (18)
- Technology (3)
- VFL (11)