The Australian Indigenous side has been defeated in the first test against Ireland after an Australain fightback failed in the final term. The Irish won by 22 points 57-35, leaving Australia needing to win by 23 points or more in the second test. You can see Highlights from the test here. Tour organisers are under [...]
The Lions board woes continue with Lions lawyers advising the club that Matthews is ineligble to stand for the Board after not meeting the membership conditions set out in the constitution. In the meantime Brisbane members have reached the numbers required for an Emergency General Meeting, but the deadline for this passed on Friday with [...]
Lance Franklins nine year, ten million dollar deal has been approved by the League, despite the reservations of the Commission. AFL Deputy CEO Gillon Mclachlan told AFL Trade Radio that “It’s such an extraordinary risk in many respects that the Sydney Swans board has taken. I know a number of clubs and boards that wouldn’t [...]
The Tigers have pounced on the first day of Trade Week 2o13 striking a deal with Carlton for ruckman Shaun Hampson. The Queenslander, who was drafted in 2007 with pick #17 will be traded to Richmond after 63 games with the Blues in return for pick #28. Richmond list manager, Blair Hartley told the Richmond [...]
It’s the classic boyhood dream. You’re playing for your team. Grand Final. You’ve marked it. Siren sounds. You line up… GOAL! You’ve won the premiership and you’re forever a hero. Although interestingly, in over 100 years of the VFL/AFL, not one Grand Final has been decided with a kick after the final siren. There have [...]
Every year there’s a few bolters. A few guys who just make you sit up and go ‘whoa, where the heck did HE come from?’. Some of them are shocks, others more expected but nonetheless pleasing to their own fans. 10) Craig Bird (Sydney) Your author hadn’t even heard of him until he stumbled across [...]
Backs: Eric Mackenzie (West Coast) – Mackenzie performed honourably on Buddy for the majority of the night. His shut-down role clearly frustrated Buddy, who had seven free kicks against and 1 goal 6 behinds. Mackenzie was also involved in a lot of play and gathered 27 touches, second only to Kerr for West Coast. Harry Taylor (Geelong) – [...]
History is written by the winners. While Paul Chapman’s heroics in the 2009 Grand Final have entered footballing folklore, Brendon Goddard’s performance in the same game with a broken collarbone and broken nose has been consigned to the dustbin of history. While it is only right to celebrate the teams that reach the pinnacle of [...]
After two long weeks, the first round of the NAB Cup has finally finished and footy fans all over have been asking themselves one question: Do we really have to endure another three weeks of this? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ungrateful for the current matches we’ve been provided with but after a long [...]
Welcome to the final part in the seven-part series of 120 Years of Collingwood. Here we meet our top five players who are all champions in their own right. Any one of them could have been justified in being number one, but there can only be one, so here are my choices, starting at number [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)