BigFooty Discussion Thread: http://bit.ly/WADAAOD In a statement issued last night, WADA (World Anti-Doping Authority) confirmed that as the drug AOD-9604 has not been approved for human use it is a prohibited substance. Following a number of inquiries regarding the substance AOD-9604 available on the Internet ‘black market’ and possibly elsewhere, WADA has issued the following [...]
Geelong did a strange thing in the footy world today. They were honest. While the AFL and Melbourne continued to spin around the “not tanking but fined and suspended” debacle, and Essendon briefed journos that ASADA turning up to tell players there was a loophole they might yet squeeze through as a “good thing”, Geelong [...]
Just when you thought the AFL couldn’t get any better, or more accurately, worse, they manage to outdo themselves yet again. The official verdict from on high is that Melbourne didn’t tank. But they have been fined $500,000, and former Melbourne coach Dean Bailey and then football chief Chris Connolly have been sanctioned for their [...]
Essendon have come forth in a press conference regarding a possible breach of Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority regulations. The belief is that players were asked to sign waivers regarding the club’s fitness program and everything it entailed. The former Essendon head of fitness, Stephen Dank, left the Bombers in late 2012 following controversy regarding the [...]
By Craig Fry @ TheConversation.edu.au The AFL’s approach to illicit drugs was championed as a world leader of drugs-in-sport policy when it was implemented in 2005. It was fair, humane and had been effective in reducing match day and out-of-season positive test numbers, through better player education and frequency of testing. In recent months however, [...]
The Thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adrian-anderson-quits-the-afl.982678/
Collingwood captain Nick Maxwell has been offered a two-match ban by the AFL Match Review Panel for engaging in rough conduct with Hawthorn’s Paul Puopolo during Friday Night’s First Qualifying Final. The charge was graded as a level three offence which equates to 325 demerit points and a three match ban, but Maxwell can accept [...]
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K. According to Michaelangelo Rucci – I know – the AFL is set to purchase the licenses for the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide Power from the SANFL. While a formal announcement has yet to be made, I think this will indeed come to pass. As regards what [...]
Hawthorn hardman Jordan Lewis doesn’t have a case to answer after being cleared by the AFL’s Match Review Panel for a heavy tackle on Sydney Swan Luke Parker during the first quarter of the Hawks seven-point win at the SCG on Saturday Afternoon. The Match Review Panel declared that the tackle was not a reportable [...]
The first time I ever heard the word “tanking” in relation to sport was in the early 1990s referring to the then enfant terrible of tennis, Andre Agassi. The suggestion was that Agassi had developed a tactic whereby if he realised he was losing a set, he would effectively give up on it in order [...]
- Stephen Milne charged with 4 counts of rape June 18, 2013
- 2013 Mid Season AFL TV Report June 18, 2013
- AFL Teams, Round 12 2013 June 13, 2013
- After the bye is a good time to bet June 13, 2013
- Adventure and beer: What else is there? June 12, 2013
- Essendon v Carlton – AFL Round 11, 2013 June 7, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 11, 2013 June 6, 2013
- AFL Teams – Rd 9, 2013 May 23, 2013
- Best value round of the year May 23, 2013
- Monday Autopsies – AFL Round 8, 2013 May 20, 2013
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: Good article, Jamie. We definitely don't need t...
- AFL House (22)
- Announcements (17)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (26)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (16)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (36)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (8)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (16)
- Match Previews (235)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (3)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (1)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (20)
- Technology (3)
- VFL (11)