All the talk in the off season from various Men Who Count at the AFL has been about Equalisation, and even though we covered this briefly in November, I thought it might be handy to get a grasp on exactly what developments took place to bring us up to date. Collingwood chief Gary Pert has [...]
On January 14th, The AFL announced changes to the eligibility rules for total games which now means that where previously only games played were counted in a players tally, now coaching and umpiring will be included in the overall tally. The league said that since total games counted toward life membership, total games should apply [...]
The achingly crap hipster neologism “selfie” has been given the official seal as 2013’s international word of the year. But for footy fans, that title undoubtedly belongs to the rather more staid “governance”. According to the Oxford Dictionary, which gave selfie official status, governance is a noun that is defined as “the action or manner [...]
The AFL has recently returned from its sojourns with the NFL in America to try to resolve the thorny issue of Equalisation. Since the return, information has been coming to us in drips and drabs – as the AFL likes to do. Heres what we know so far. On August 28th, the AFL released a [...]
The Australian Indigenous side has been defeated in the first test against Ireland after an Australain fightback failed in the final term. The Irish won by 22 points 57-35, leaving Australia needing to win by 23 points or more in the second test. You can see Highlights from the test here. Tour organisers are under [...]
In case you’ve been under a rock for a few days, heres the most recent trade news. Bernie Vince has left Adelaide to go to Melbourne, with Adelaide expecting the Demons second round compensation pick in return (pick #23). Melbourne has traded picks 2, 20 and 72 in exchange for the Giants Dom Tyson, pick [...]
The Lions board woes continue with Lions lawyers advising the club that Matthews is ineligble to stand for the Board after not meeting the membership conditions set out in the constitution. In the meantime Brisbane members have reached the numbers required for an Emergency General Meeting, but the deadline for this passed on Friday with [...]
SYDNEY today unveiled restricted fee agent Lance Franklin after Hawthorn yesterday announced it would not be matching Sydney’s offer. The Swans nine-year, $10,000,000 million offer received industry-wide condemnation, with the AFL giving the final tick-of-approval yesterday. Speaking this morning, Franklin denied that the move was a bid to get out of the Melbourne “fishbowl”, rather, [...]
Lance Franklins nine year, ten million dollar deal has been approved by the League, despite the reservations of the Commission. AFL Deputy CEO Gillon Mclachlan told AFL Trade Radio that “It’s such an extraordinary risk in many respects that the Sydney Swans board has taken. I know a number of clubs and boards that wouldn’t [...]
The Tigers have pounced on the first day of Trade Week 2o13 striking a deal with Carlton for ruckman Shaun Hampson. The Queenslander, who was drafted in 2007 with pick #17 will be traded to Richmond after 63 games with the Blues in return for pick #28. Richmond list manager, Blair Hartley told the Richmond [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] has done a number of historical items in rec...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Football in Christchurch, NZ | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)