The AFL has recently returned from its sojourns with the NFL in America to try to resolve the thorny issue of Equalisation. Since the return, information has been coming to us in drips and drabs – as the AFL likes to do. Heres what we know so far. On August 28th, the AFL released a [...]
The Australian Indigenous side has been defeated in the first test against Ireland after an Australain fightback failed in the final term. The Irish won by 22 points 57-35, leaving Australia needing to win by 23 points or more in the second test. You can see Highlights from the test here. Tour organisers are under [...]
In case you’ve been under a rock for a few days, heres the most recent trade news. Bernie Vince has left Adelaide to go to Melbourne, with Adelaide expecting the Demons second round compensation pick in return (pick #23). Melbourne has traded picks 2, 20 and 72 in exchange for the Giants Dom Tyson, pick [...]
The Lions board woes continue with Lions lawyers advising the club that Matthews is ineligble to stand for the Board after not meeting the membership conditions set out in the constitution. In the meantime Brisbane members have reached the numbers required for an Emergency General Meeting, but the deadline for this passed on Friday with [...]
SYDNEY today unveiled restricted fee agent Lance Franklin after Hawthorn yesterday announced it would not be matching Sydney’s offer. The Swans nine-year, $10,000,000 million offer received industry-wide condemnation, with the AFL giving the final tick-of-approval yesterday. Speaking this morning, Franklin denied that the move was a bid to get out of the Melbourne “fishbowl”, rather, [...]
Lance Franklins nine year, ten million dollar deal has been approved by the League, despite the reservations of the Commission. AFL Deputy CEO Gillon Mclachlan told AFL Trade Radio that “It’s such an extraordinary risk in many respects that the Sydney Swans board has taken. I know a number of clubs and boards that wouldn’t [...]
The Tigers have pounced on the first day of Trade Week 2o13 striking a deal with Carlton for ruckman Shaun Hampson. The Queenslander, who was drafted in 2007 with pick #17 will be traded to Richmond after 63 games with the Blues in return for pick #28. Richmond list manager, Blair Hartley told the Richmond [...]
SYDNEY has reportedly entered the race for Hawthorn’s Lance Franklin as the star forward prepares to make his intentions clear to Hawthorn in the coming days. The Swans, who acquired Kurt Tippett last year on a lucrative contract, are prepared to offer Franklin $7 million over five years in order to further strengthen their side. [...]
FREMANTLE expects to name an unchanged line up for Saturday’s grand final, despite numerous players pulling up sore from their preliminary final triumph over Sydney. Luke McPharlin, Michael Johnson, Aaron Sandilands, Chris Mayne and Zac Dawson all failed to train yesterday, though Sandilands was confident that all players would be taking their place in the [...]
GOLD COAST champion Gary Ablett has claimed his second Brownlow medal after holding off former Geelong team-mate Joel Selwood in a scintillating count. Ablett shot off to an early lead along with Sydney midfielder Daniel Hannebery before both began to stagnate in the second half of the season. Ablett went into the final round of [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)