The 2012 Brownlow Medal looks to be one of the most open in recent years, with up to nine players considered legitimate chances. As always we expect it to primarily be a midfielder’s award. The shortest price you’ll find for a big man at Sportsbet is ruckman Dean Cox at 150-1, and you need to [...]
When: Etihad Stadium, 7:30pm, Tuesday 3rd of July TV: Channel 9 Like it or loathe it, the EJ Whitten Legends game is now a permanent fixture in the footy season’s highlights. As the season moves towards the business end it allows us, as footy fans, to take a step back and enjoy some [...]
Grinners Those who love an upset And wasn’t it a weekend for it? Port Adelaide crushed a Carlton that’s in serious strife. Brisbane snuck home against the powerful Eagles. But most astonishingly, Melbourne defeat Essendon by pressuring them into mistakes as well as playing their own game to grab their first win for the season. [...]
Grinners Richmond I’m not a believer…yet. How good is it though to have Richmond up and about? A whole generation of Tigers supporters with hope. As for the game, well, no player was a weakness. It truly was a team victory, something which has lacked from rising Tigers sides in the past. I’m not going [...]
Grinners St Kilda Your author is seeking absolution. Superb. The mosquito fleet came to play and drew blood time and again. Not only was it a great win, but it was great to watch. Tom Scully Decision validated? With the Dees playing some of the worst football I’ve born witness to, and the Giants grabbing [...]
Grinners West Coast Despite injuries, despite a non-forward line, the Eagles juggernaut just keeps on rolling. North did stand up and put up a fight, but defeating the Eagles in Perth looks to be an impossible task once more. Gold Coast youngsters No Ablett. No Harbrow. No Rischitelli. No Bock. No Fraser. Admittedly they had [...]
Grinners Richmond I know it’s no consolation, but at this rate the Tigers will certainly play finals, and they’ll surely start winning soon. Sydney With the faltering of Collingwood, the uneasiness at Geelong and the simple points differential they have over Hawthorn, they’ve got to be a top 4 chance, if not a premiership contender. [...]
Recruitment in any area of life is an inexact science. Recruitment of AFL players is more inexact still. The recruitment of international rookies presents AFL recruiters with perhaps their biggest challenge. Trying to unearth a potential AFL star from another sporting code who has no experience of Australian life or culture has proven to be [...]
For several years the value of the AFL’s annual pre-season competition is questioned from a number of shareholders in the game. Every year there seems to be debate on the relevance of tournament given the interest factor from clubs, some sections of the media and a proportion of fans. The most public display of dissatisfaction [...]
West Coast in 2011 were truly remarkable. Is there any other way to put it? There has been a remarkable amount of writing on what they were able to achieve, but it still seems almost beyond belief. For the competition’s cellar-dwellers to, only one year after taking possession of the dreaded spoon, be one week [...]
- Footy in the Provinces – Canterbury, NZ December 9, 2013
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (25)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)