The 2012 trade period finished not with a whimper, but with bang. Not only were an assortment of players on the fringe and outer finding new homes, but perhaps the biggest trade of all – Kurt Tippett, didn’t occur due to the previously reported shock announcements from AFL House. But, as the plot thickened for [...]
About Dylan Toune
Trade Period Final Week: Final 48 Hours Wrap – Chaos reigns as Tippett trouble overshadows fringe trades
In a day marred with controversy, there was still some action to be had on the trade tables as we countdown with two days remaining in the 2012 trade period. The AFL has launched an official investigation into Adelaide’s last contract with on-the-move forward Kurt Tippett after the Crows board revealed they had come [...]
After the tepid stalemate that was Monday, the trade rivers began to flow today – but the floodgates haven’t opened just yet. Two trades were done today as the Saints got one of the two big men they were aiming for, and Port Adelaide pulled a surprise coup to snatch two players from the clutches [...]
The first day of what we expect to be a frenzied final week has concluded, but it was a case of all quiet on the trading front today as clubs assembled their decks. The main news today was in fact a case of no news, in two cases. The first was that after rejecting [...]
Free agency is over and the final week of the trade period looms large as another busy week has finished up. It started predictably slow, but finished with a flurry as a host of players – some expected, some not so much so, found new homes. There was a lot of speculation and plenty of [...]
The first week of the trade period has come to a close – along with the second week of free agency, and we’ve had quite a bit of action, with six trades total taking place. BigFooty News looks at the move your club has made in the weeks action. Completed trades are highlighted in bold [...]
Day 4 of free agency was a bit more lively than the past couple of days, with clubs re-signing and searching as the beginning of the trade period looms. Two players officially found new homes today, while others expressed and changed their interest. A key signing for the Dockers leads the ‘hands off’ section today. [...]
Day 3 of free agency has concluded, and it was another quiet day from AFL HQ. One more move was finalised today, with Port Adelaide choosing not to match Fremantle’s offer for midfielder Danyle Pearce. Power football manager Peter Rohde said today that to match the offer Fremantle put up was not an option. [...]
The second day of free agency and, as expected, was quieter than the flurry to begin the period yesterday. Only one player officially moved as we wait on clubs to respond on offers from yesterday and table future offers. After quitting the West Coast Eagles yesterday, Quentin Lynch officially found a new home at the [...]
The first day of free agency in the AFL is done and dusted, with two players officially making moves and others having deals put on the table. The biggest story of the day, and possibly the biggest story that will happen this whole week of free agency, was the move of champion St Kilda player [...]
- AFL Teams – Rd 9, 2013 May 23, 2013
- Best value round of the year May 23, 2013
- Monday Autopsies – AFL Round 8, 2013 May 20, 2013
- West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne – AFL Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- AFL Teams – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- BigFooty Podcasts – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- Premiership favourites best bets this week May 16, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 7 2013 May 10, 2013
- Round of the year provides extra value May 9, 2013
- No White Knight May 7, 2013
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: Good article, Jamie. We definitely don't need t...
- arch@M32: Home costs more to buy but it should also sell for...
- AFL House (22)
- Announcements (17)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (25)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (16)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (35)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (8)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (16)
- Match Previews (234)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (3)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (8)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (1)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (18)
- Technology (3)
- VFL (11)