Defenders Grant Birchall (Hawthorn) – Birchall was one of the best on ground against West Coast on Friday night. Not just for his defensive efforts but also for his ability to win possession and drive the ball forward. He finished with 29 disposals, 5 rebound 50′s and 5 inside 50′s. Harry Taylor (Geelong) – Taylor effectively shut [...]
About Josh Drake
Forwards Jordan Lewis (Hawthorn) – Lewis took the opportunity to play a more prominent role in the forward line this week. He was on fire in the third quarter and got on the end of some of the Hawks great ball movement through the midfield. He finished with 5 goals and 20 disposals. Luke Dalhaus (Western Bulldogs) – Dalhaus was [...]
Forwards Lance Franklin (Hawthorn) – Buddy was too hard to contain for his underdone opponent Michael Jamison. He finished the game with 23 touches, 4 goals and a monumental 10 inside 50′s. He is just two goals short of 500 career goals, an amazing feat at his age, although he will likely now have some time on the sidelines [...]
Backs Martin Mattner (Sydney) – Mattner displayed the sort of effort Melbourne so desperately needs by performing selfless acts for his teammates on a number of occasions. His run and carry of the ball was excellent also. he had 20 disposals at 90% disposal efficiency, including some quality forward 50 entries and goal assists. Brian Lake (Western Bulldogs) – Lake is getting [...]
Backs: Eric Mackenzie (West Coast) – Mackenzie performed honourably on Buddy for the majority of the night. His shut-down role clearly frustrated Buddy, who had seven free kicks against and 1 goal 6 behinds. Mackenzie was also involved in a lot of play and gathered 27 touches, second only to Kerr for West Coast. Harry Taylor (Geelong) – [...]
Brought to you by Sportingbet.com.au Brisbane $3.20 vs Carlton $1.35 (Gabba) Best odds: Luxbet $3.70 (Bris), Pinnacle $1.36 (Carl) Line: Brisbane +19.5 Recent History: Carlton, 2 comfortable home wins in the last two years, Brisbane won [...]
Brought to you by Sportingbet.com.au So Sheeds you reckon you and your new mob have done a great job building a list and you’re going to “make it an arm wrestle” this week. Well I’d hate to burst your bubble but the TAB doesn’t agree and have you at $21 to win the match. That’s approximately the same [...]
How the sales pitch from Gale and Hardwick might have gone down. Hardwick: Brett, look you’re a really important part of the side, we’re desperate to keep you. Gale: Whatever GWS is offering you, we’ll match it. We’ve got loads of space in our cap, and we’ll throw in life membership. Deledio: You already gave me [...]
Whilst the identity of many professional sporting clubs is defined by geography, that hasn’t been relevant to Melbourne-based AFL clubs since the days of recruiting zones. Even then it wasn’t that relevant. Clubs like Richmond have always had to appeal to fans with great players, personalities, mascots, on-field success, and style of football. Take a [...]
Brought to you by Sportingbet.com.au Some basic punting lessons for those who like to bet on the AFL Having good judgement and being a good gambler are quite different. If you can tip 6 winners every round then you have pretty good judgement. If you can tip two winners each round and still turn a [...]
- Monday Autopsies – AFL Round 8, 2013 May 20, 2013
- West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne – AFL Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- AFL Teams – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- BigFooty Podcasts – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- Premiership favourites best bets this week May 16, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 7 2013 May 10, 2013
- Round of the year provides extra value May 9, 2013
- No White Knight May 7, 2013
- Cats money May 2, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 6 2013 May 2, 2013
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: Good article, Jamie. We definitely don't need t...
- arch@M32: Home costs more to buy but it should also sell for...
- AFL House (22)
- Announcements (17)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (25)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (16)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (34)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (8)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (16)
- Match Previews (234)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (3)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (8)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (1)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (17)
- Technology (3)
- VFL (11)