Defenders Grant Birchall (Hawthorn) – Birchall was one of the best on ground against West Coast on Friday night. Not just for his defensive efforts but also for his ability to win possession and drive the ball forward. He finished with 29 disposals, 5 rebound 50′s and 5 inside 50′s. Harry Taylor (Geelong) – Taylor effectively shut [...]
About Josh Drake
Forwards Jordan Lewis (Hawthorn) – Lewis took the opportunity to play a more prominent role in the forward line this week. He was on fire in the third quarter and got on the end of some of the Hawks great ball movement through the midfield. He finished with 5 goals and 20 disposals. Luke Dalhaus (Western Bulldogs) – Dalhaus was [...]
Forwards Lance Franklin (Hawthorn) – Buddy was too hard to contain for his underdone opponent Michael Jamison. He finished the game with 23 touches, 4 goals and a monumental 10 inside 50′s. He is just two goals short of 500 career goals, an amazing feat at his age, although he will likely now have some time on the sidelines [...]
Backs Martin Mattner (Sydney) – Mattner displayed the sort of effort Melbourne so desperately needs by performing selfless acts for his teammates on a number of occasions. His run and carry of the ball was excellent also. he had 20 disposals at 90% disposal efficiency, including some quality forward 50 entries and goal assists. Brian Lake (Western Bulldogs) – Lake is getting [...]
Backs: Eric Mackenzie (West Coast) – Mackenzie performed honourably on Buddy for the majority of the night. His shut-down role clearly frustrated Buddy, who had seven free kicks against and 1 goal 6 behinds. Mackenzie was also involved in a lot of play and gathered 27 touches, second only to Kerr for West Coast. Harry Taylor (Geelong) – [...]
Brought to you by Sportingbet.com.au Brisbane $3.20 vs Carlton $1.35 (Gabba) Best odds: Luxbet $3.70 (Bris), Pinnacle $1.36 (Carl) Line: Brisbane +19.5 Recent History: Carlton, 2 comfortable home wins in the last two years, Brisbane won [...]
Brought to you by Sportingbet.com.au So Sheeds you reckon you and your new mob have done a great job building a list and you’re going to “make it an arm wrestle” this week. Well I’d hate to burst your bubble but the TAB doesn’t agree and have you at $21 to win the match. That’s approximately the same [...]
How the sales pitch from Gale and Hardwick might have gone down. Hardwick: Brett, look you’re a really important part of the side, we’re desperate to keep you. Gale: Whatever GWS is offering you, we’ll match it. We’ve got loads of space in our cap, and we’ll throw in life membership. Deledio: You already gave me [...]
Whilst the identity of many professional sporting clubs is defined by geography, that hasn’t been relevant to Melbourne-based AFL clubs since the days of recruiting zones. Even then it wasn’t that relevant. Clubs like Richmond have always had to appeal to fans with great players, personalities, mascots, on-field success, and style of football. Take a [...]
Brought to you by Sportingbet.com.au Some basic punting lessons for those who like to bet on the AFL Having good judgement and being a good gambler are quite different. If you can tip 6 winners every round then you have pretty good judgement. If you can tip two winners each round and still turn a [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] has done a number of historical items in rec...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Football in Christchurch, NZ | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)