The 2012 trade period finished not with a whimper, but with bang. Not only were an assortment of players on the fringe and outer finding new homes, but perhaps the biggest trade of all – Kurt Tippett, didn’t occur due to the previously reported shock announcements from AFL House. But, as the plot thickened for [...]
Trade Period Final Week: Final 48 Hours Wrap – Chaos reigns as Tippett trouble overshadows fringe trades
Barry Hall’s close shave: former Saint, Swan and Bulldog Barry Hall opens up about trading clubs. Big, bad, bustling, Barry Hall wasn’t shy of controversy throughout his career. Here, the much talked about goal kicker catches up with AFL experts Mike Sheahan, Angus Sampson, and Cam Mooney over a Gillette close shave. Talking about his [...]
In a day marred with controversy, there was still some action to be had on the trade tables as we countdown with two days remaining in the 2012 trade period. The AFL has launched an official investigation into Adelaide’s last contract with on-the-move forward Kurt Tippett after the Crows board revealed they had come [...]
After the tepid stalemate that was Monday, the trade rivers began to flow today – but the floodgates haven’t opened just yet. Two trades were done today as the Saints got one of the two big men they were aiming for, and Port Adelaide pulled a surprise coup to snatch two players from the clutches [...]
The first day of what we expect to be a frenzied final week has concluded, but it was a case of all quiet on the trading front today as clubs assembled their decks. The main news today was in fact a case of no news, in two cases. The first was that after rejecting [...]
Free agency is over and the final week of the trade period looms large as another busy week has finished up. It started predictably slow, but finished with a flurry as a host of players – some expected, some not so much so, found new homes. There was a lot of speculation and plenty of [...]
The first week of the trade period has come to a close – along with the second week of free agency, and we’ve had quite a bit of action, with six trades total taking place. BigFooty News looks at the move your club has made in the weeks action. Completed trades are highlighted in bold [...]
A furore has erupted over Sydney’s salary cap concessions after the reigning premier announced the signing of key Crows forward Kurt Tippett. Representatives of Hawthorn, Brisbane and Adelaide have all questioned the additional 9.8% increase afforded the Swans in their salary cap for the increased cost of living allowance. While it seems that a major [...]
Day 4 of free agency was a bit more lively than the past couple of days, with clubs re-signing and searching as the beginning of the trade period looms. Two players officially found new homes today, while others expressed and changed their interest. A key signing for the Dockers leads the ‘hands off’ section today. [...]
Day 3 of free agency has concluded, and it was another quiet day from AFL HQ. One more move was finalised today, with Port Adelaide choosing not to match Fremantle’s offer for midfielder Danyle Pearce. Power football manager Peter Rohde said today that to match the offer Fremantle put up was not an option. [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)