“[Bailey] was saying it was all in the category of development etc. – his players were always trying and [there was] never any intent to lose.” – Adrian Anderson, August 2011, following comments by former Melbourne coach Dean Bailey. Next minute, Melbourne charged with tanking because of Brock McLean’s comments? Possible, but highly unlikely. The [...]
Adelaide’s midfield superstar Scott Thompson remains in contention for the AFL’s most prestigious award, the Brownlow Medal, after his high bump on Geelong’s Steve Johnson was cleared of being malicious. Geelong were forced to sub Johnson out of the match after he was bumped by Thompson in the first few seconds of the Cats’ 27 [...]
St Kilda have kept their finals hopes for 2012 alive with a commanding 76 point victory over the Western Bulldogs on Sunday. In star player Brendan Goddard’s 200th game the Saints put on a clinic in the second half, building on a 24 point half-time lead and kicking 9 goals to 2 in the second [...]
Grinners Geelong The chase is on. It could be scoffed at earlier in the year when it was suggested that a side could win the flag from outside the top 4, but who’s laughing now? Geelong, clearly, can never be counted out. Their run home sees a mega-blockbuster against Hawthorn next Friday night, West Coast [...]
PORT ADELAIDE 1.2 1.3 2.7 6.12 (48) FREMANTLE 5.2 6.7 9.9 11.9 (75) In front of a meagre crowd, just short of 15,000; Fremantle has kept its increasingly slim finals hopes alive by making easy work of Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium. An early burst of goals by Ross Lyon’s perennial underachievers was the defining [...]
WEST COAST 7.4 11.5 17.6 28.7 (175) BRISBANE LIONS 2.0 5.2 7.3 12.5 (77) The last time these two sides met, Brisbane stunned the Eagles with a last gasp goal and seemingly sent the Eagles into a spiral of poor form. They lost three of their next six games and their wins lacked the usual [...]
CARLTON 4.2 7.5 10.11 14.11 (95) RICHMOND 5.2 5.7 8.11 13.13 (91) It was almost accidental, but a goal to Brock McLean late in the game sealed a four-point victory to the Blues and yet another heartbreaking loss for the Tigers. With 53 seconds remaining in the match McLean marked just outside 50, near the [...]
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY 3.4 5.4 6.11 7.12 (54) COLLINGWOOD 7.5 13.11 17.14 26.18 (174) Travis Cloke has responded to a week of heavy speculation in perfect fashion, booting six majors as Collingwood, as expected, thumped the tiring Greater Western Sydney Giants. GWS were quick out of the blocks and up [...]
GOLD COAST 2.1 5.2 7.4 8.6 (54) SYDNEY SWANS 6.3 8.7 16.9 19.12 (126) Once again Suns captain Gary Ablett has produced a masterclass yet has still been powerless to stop his Suns from being completely dismantled by a superior opponent. The Swans rotated opponents off the Brownlow Medallist, allowing their midfield group to quickly [...]
North Melbourne 5.4 9.6 15.10 19.13 (127) Melbourne 1.2 5.5 7.5 11.7 (73) North Melbourne have consolidated their grasp on finals footy after beating Melbourne by 54 points yesterday. Melbourne’s chances were quickly ended, with the Kangaroos jumping out of the blocks, kicking the first five goals of the contest. The Demons remained competitive afterwards, [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)