Where: Etihad Stadium, 7.50pm, Satuday 30th June TV: Channel 7 and Fox Sports 1 from 7.30pm Radio: ABC774, 3AW, Triple M Odds: Essendon $1.22, Western Bulldogs $4.50, Line Bulldogs +28.5 Essendon take on the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium, and the battle of the midfields will be something to see. The Bulldogs’ captain Matthew Boyd continues to be in [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: ANZ Stadium, Saturday June 30, 7.40pm LAST TIME: Sydney Swans 14.16 (100) d Greater Western Sydney 5.7 (37), round one, 2012 at ANZ Stadium The Greater Western Sydney Giants return to the scene of their AFL debut to play the Sydney Swans, the side who first beat them, and it should be a match [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: Patersons Stadium, Saturday June 30, 2.40pm LAST TIME: West Coast 13.7 (86) d Gold Coast 10.7 (67), round 11, 2011, at Patersons Stadium The West Coast Eagles face an entirely different beast after last weekend’s top of the table clash with Collingwood, coming up against a bottom of the ladder Gold Coast at [...]
Collingwood have established themselves as a force. Last year’s stumble to the line and change of coach has re-invigorated a group that has been repeatedly cut down by injury: the signs are good and the confidence is high. After round three’s debacle against a rampaging Carlton, two months ago, all were questioning whether Buckley was [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: The MCG, Friday June 29, 7.50pm LAST TIME: Carlton 8.18 (66) def by Hawthorn 10.18 (78), round 22, 2011 at Etihad Stadium Tonight’s contest at the MCG appears set to become season defining for both clubs, with the respective chances of Carlton and Hawthorn relying upon a strong performance tonight. A loss tonight would [...]
Last week the Weekly Punt posted a loss. Again it was not a major setback as we still managed two out of five lines, and of the three line bets that didn’t come up, in all those games the line was covered in the last quarter. A kick, or a bounce the other way and [...]
BigFooty News will be running a quick weekly wrap up of the Victorian Football League. The VFL was formed as the VFA in 1877 and was renamed the former in 1995. It took on its current status in 2000, as the reserves league to the Victorian AFL clubs, as well as mantaining its traditional clubs and [...]
At its worst social media is like giving an idiot a megaphone and putting them in the middle of Federation Square. They will shout their every thought for everyone to hear whether they like it or not. Unfortunately for Brock McLean he experienced it at its worst and from multiple perspectives. McLean was on the [...]
Collingwood are facing a salary squeeze. While St Kilda keep annoucing the signing of some of their mid-range players, almost everyone expects Brendon Goddard to be left with nowhere to sit when the music stops at the end of this year. Carlton can’t afford to address their list needs because they are paying their current [...]
If you’re an AFL fanatic, you’ll know that there’s nothing better than travelling to the grounds of an opposing team and cheering on your side as they thrash the home team. Since the beginning of Brisbane football, when a new era of AFL began and the mighty Brisbane Bears took the field in 1987, the [...]
- AFL Teams – Rd 9, 2013 May 23, 2013
- Best value round of the year May 23, 2013
- Monday Autopsies – AFL Round 8, 2013 May 20, 2013
- West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne – AFL Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- AFL Teams – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- BigFooty Podcasts – Round 8 2013 May 17, 2013
- Premiership favourites best bets this week May 16, 2013
- AFL Teams Round 7 2013 May 10, 2013
- Round of the year provides extra value May 9, 2013
- No White Knight May 7, 2013
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: Good article, Jamie. We definitely don't need t...
- arch@M32: Home costs more to buy but it should also sell for...
- AFL House (22)
- Announcements (17)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (25)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (16)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (35)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (8)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (16)
- Match Previews (234)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (3)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (8)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (1)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (18)
- Technology (3)
- VFL (11)