Last week was an abysmal round for the Weekly Punt. Not only was it the first weekly loss, only one line came up. We can take one loss every now and again, so hopefully we will be back on the winner’s list this week. Both Brisbane and West Coast have paid on the line the [...]
ST KILDA V RICHMOND ES – Fri Jun 01, 7:50pm St Kilda B: Jason Gram, Sam Gilbert, Tom Simpkin HB: Sean Dempster, James Gwilt, Brendon Goddard C: Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes, Farren Ray HF: Jack Steven, Nick Riewoldt, Terry Milera F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Leigh Montagna Foll: Jason Blake, David Armitage, Clinton Jones [...]
In previous years, the competition has found itself a clubhouse leader early in the year, a side which makes a breakaway from the chasing pack and is able to establish itself as a dominant side ahead of the finals. Think St Kilda and Geelong in 2009, Collingwood in 2010 and the Cats and the Pies [...]
Everything was set. The media had done their thing, trying to spark up a rivalry between James Hird and former coach Kevin Sheedy. The builders had also done their thing, getting the new stadium prepared and ready on time. The Giants and the AFL were looking forward to a great match, maybe not expecting one [...]
Grinners Richmond I’m not a believer…yet. How good is it though to have Richmond up and about? A whole generation of Tigers supporters with hope. As for the game, well, no player was a weakness. It truly was a team victory, something which has lacked from rising Tigers sides in the past. I’m not going [...]
PORT ADELAIDE 4.4 7.7 14.14 17.16 (118) GOLD COAST 2.5 7.6 7.8 10.10 (70) Valiant Port Adelaide have beaten the out-of-form Gold Coast by 48 points at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night. Gold Coast, who re-signed under-fire coach Guy ‘Bluey’ McKenna the day before the game, went into the contest knowing they would have to [...]
CARLTON 3.3 7.8 8.14 15.17 (107) MELBOURNE 3.4 5.7 6.10 6.13 (49) Carlton have returned to the winners list, accounting for a more competitive Melbourne by 58 points. While the final margin was quite large, it was not reflective of the whole game. For the first three quarters, Melbourne were able to take it up to the [...]
Greater Western Sydney 0.5 2.9 4.11 7.11 (53) Essendon 3.1 8.1 13.8 18.11 (119) Essendon has recorded a mediocre 66-point win over an impressive Greater Western Sydney outfit. The Bombers did what they needed to do in order to claim the four points in what was a rather uninspiring contest. [...]
WEST COAST 0.4 2.8 7.14 11.18 (84) FREMANTLE 1.1 3.2 3.3 5.6 (36) The West Coast Eagles have completely obliterated Fremantle by 48 points at Patersons Stadium, rendering the Dockers’ attack useless as they notched up their lowest score ever at the ground. Take nothing away from the Eagles, who were magnificent in defence early [...]
ST KILDA 3.1 8.7 14.14 16.15 (111) SYDNEY SWANS 4.4 5.4 8.6 12.11 (83) St Kilda have added further intrigue and drama to an already inconsistent AFL season by defeated the much fancied Swans by [...]
- Footy in the Provinces – Canterbury, NZ December 9, 2013
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (25)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)