MELBOURNE 4.1 8.3 10.6 10.6 (66) ST KILDA 5.4 8.5 10.9 12.12 (84) A well trained Melbourne gave a professional St Kilda outfit a mighty scare last night at the MCG. Despite running out as winners by 18 points, the Saints needed a stoic last quarter to keep their lead and their top 4 aspirations [...]
Richmond 4.2 9.4 12.9 14.13 (97) West Coast 5.3 11.6 3.13 16.11 (107) West Coast have clinched an emphatic 10-point victory in a high-intensity contest over Richmond at Etihad Stadium. The Eagles led for the majority of the match until a tense final quarter saw the Tigers snatch the lead in a shootout, but the extra experience and class [...]
HAWTHORN 5.3 8.6 8.6 10.9 (69) SYDNEY SWANS 2.2 5.4 9.7 16.10 (106) The Sydney Swans have completed a commanding win over Hawthorn in Launceston, winning by 37 points. In what was a record breaking day for Adam Goodes, who became the Swans’ leading games record holder, Sydney finished strongly to claim [...]
Where and When: AAMI Stadium, 4:40 Sunday April 29 Showdown 32 is set to provide a great litmus test for the two South Australian sides, Adelaide are 3 and 1 but their wins have not been against tops sides, whereas Port Adelaide’s three losses have been very competitive games against top 8 teams. Adelaide is [...]
GEELONG 4.1 7.5 10.6 12.7 (79) BRISBANE LIONS 0.5 0.7 1.9 4.17 (41) Brisbane champion Simon Black would have gone into his 300th game at the Gabba tonight, comfortable in the knowledge that he’d seen and done it all over the course of a spectacular career. One thing he is unlikely to have seen however, [...]
Where and When: Aurora Stadium, 1:10pm AEST TV and Radio: Fox Footy (Live)/SEN and ABC774 Odds: Hawthorn $1.33, Sydney $3.45 Hawthorn and Sydney will both receive big boosts to their sides coming into their Sunday clash, with club captains Luke Hodge and Adam Goodes returning to the fray for what is looming as an enticing [...]
Carlton 2.1 6.2 9.4 10.5 (65) Fremantle 1.2 3.9 4.10 7.15 (57) The fortress of Paterson’s stadium has been successfully besieged by the Blues, who fought off a last minute counter-attack by the Dockers to take home an 8-point victory. It was a scrappy, low-scoring affair and Fremantle will be devastated at the tight loss, [...]
Where: Etihad Stadium, 3.15pm, Sunday 29th April TV: Channel 7 & Fox Sports 1 from 3pm Radio: 3AW. Triple M Odds: Richmond $3.40, West Coast $1.42, Line Richmond +20.5 Richmond’s rough draw continues with yet another top four contender in West Coast. The Eagles looked somewhat vulnerable in their low-scoring victory over Hawthorn last week, [...]
Geelong have won 9 of their last 10 encounters against the Brisbane Lions since 2007 and considering that one loss contained many omissions from the Cats’ best 22, they have utterly dominated the Lions in recent times. However, things have changed. The Lions last year matched it with the Cats until midway through the last [...]
WHERE AND WHEN: Etihad Stadium, Saturday April 28, 4.40pm TV & RADIO: SEN, ABC 774, Triple M BETTING: North Melbourne $1.01, Gold Coast $17. Line North -81.5 points It feels like only yesterday that North Melbourne, or Kangaroos supporters as they were known then, were divided on the prospect of relocating to become the Gold [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)