Brisbane has demolished a disappointing Melbourne side by 41 points at the MCG today. Many saw the round one clash as a perfect opportunity for the Demons to send off club legend Jim Stynes with a strong disciplined showing against an opponent coming off a underwhelming 2011. Melbourne supporters certainly saw this as the case, [...]
After the Crows’ dominant NAB Cup series win, there’s something to rejoice about in South Australia. But they’ll have to refocus this weekend as they head up to Metricon Stadium to face the Gold Coast Suns. As we’ve seen so far in the Richmond vs Carlton game in round 1, form in the pre-season [...]
Where: Etihad Stadium, 7.45pm, Saturday 31st March TV: Fox Footy, 7.30pm Radio: 3AW, MMM Odds: North Melbourne $2.17, Essendon $1.87, Line North +1.5 It’s not often that the first round of the AFL season can be viewed to have such a clear impact on the finals. Most years, teams are still trying to be worked [...]
It seems almost forever since that day in September last year when Geelong consolidated themselves as one of the greatest sides in football since the Lions of the new millennium. The hunger, the drive, the ferocious attack on the ball is second to none in modern football. Even more importantly, wiser heads dominate the team; [...]
Hawthorn have had the dream start to its premiership aspirations, defeating Collingwood by 22 points at the MCG. Putting off the disappointment from the last time these teams played, the Hawks displayed quality beyond that expected of a round 1 clash, to hand new Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley a loss in his first game. Lance [...]
When: Saturday March 31st, 1:45pm Where: MCG Weather: Min: 18. Max: 29. Partly cloudy. Warm at first with north to northwesterly winds increasing to 35 to 45 km/h. A cooler south to southwest change 25 to 35 km/h during the early afternoon. Isolated showers possible following the change. TV: Fox Footy (live) Radio: SEN, ABC [...]
Where and When: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Friday 30 March, 7:50 pm If this match is half as good as their preliminary final encounter from last year, then tonight’s clash between Hawthorn and Collingwood will be match of the round. Although both captains are missing – Nick Maxwell through an ankle injury sustained in the NAB [...]
History is written by the winners. While Paul Chapman’s heroics in the 2009 Grand Final have entered footballing folklore, Brendon Goddard’s performance in the same game with a broken collarbone and broken nose has been consigned to the dustbin of history. While it is only right to celebrate the teams that reach the pinnacle of [...]
Carlton 18.17 125 def. Richmond 12.9 81 A piece of Chris Yarran brilliance kick-started an avalanche of last quarter goals which allowed Carlton to overrun Richmond and claim their first win of 2012. In a see-sawing battle Carlton were able to outlast Richmond and coast to an easy 44-point win. Richmond looked to have all [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)