How the sales pitch from Gale and Hardwick might have gone down. Hardwick: Brett, look you’re a really important part of the side, we’re desperate to keep you. Gale: Whatever GWS is offering you, we’ll match it. We’ve got loads of space in our cap, and we’ll throw in life membership. Deledio: You already gave me [...]
The Sydney Swans will welcome back Josh Kennedy, Ryan O’Keefe, Shane Mumford and Gary Rohan, but will be without dual Brownlow Medalist Adam Goodes for their round 2 NAB Cup Clash with North Melbourne. Goodes was charged with engaging in rough conduct in the game against Geelong, for sliding feet-first into the Cats’ Taylor Hunt [...]
It has been a horror run for knee injuries this pre-season, and that was only after Round 1 of the NAB Cup. Some have come in-game, others before the first ball-up has even been contested. By my count, we have seen 3 ACL tears and 2 isolated MCL tears this pre-season. If you add to [...]
Welcome to the final part in the seven-part series of 120 Years of Collingwood. Here we meet our top five players who are all champions in their own right. Any one of them could have been justified in being number one, but there can only be one, so here are my choices, starting at number [...]
Grinners Port Adelaide They should have really knocked off the Blues by more, and only got beaten by the last kick against the Crows. However, it wasn’t just that they looked very good, but it was the manner of victory. Port had two players get donuts in the Carlton game, and two in the Adelaide [...]
Adelaide is loving its new-found freedom under first-year coach Brenton Sanderson after it went undefeated in today’s Round 1 pool matches against Carlton and Port Adelaide. The Crows join Collingwood and West Coast as the only teams to go 2-0 in the NAB Cup, and employed a tenacious running style of footy that overpowered their [...]
Welcome to Part 6 of 120 Years of Collingwood. Today’s part reveals the lower half of the top ten players. We have 14 Premierships, 11 Copeland Trophies, eight goal-kicking awards and three Champions of the Colony/Brownlow Medals between the five players. It will cause controversy as some are rated higher, but these are my 6-10. [...]
Match Review – Gold Coast, Brisbaine, Melbourne Three of the AFL’s youngest teams took to the field at Metricon Stadium for their first public hit out last night, and the driving rain ensured we saw three physical, hard fought contests. Four goals was the most any side could manage under the circumstances, with three points [...]
The first triple-header of the season began on a steaming Friday night and with temperatures up around 30⁰C, it proved a difficult first hit-out for the three teams. St Kilda entered the first encounter with some fresh faces but also without key midfielders Nick Dal Santo and Leigh Montagna. However, most Saints fans would have [...]
- Footy in the Provinces – Canterbury, NZ December 9, 2013
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (25)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)