For this installment on international footy I talked to Dan Prigmore, the Vice President of the West London Wildcats, winners of the 2013 AFL London Premiership. Dan Prigmore is the current Vice President of the West London Wildcats, and also its co-senior coach for the last three years. He played footy as a kid, and [...]
For this installment in the International footy series, I talked to Rob Vanstom, the CEO of AFL NZ, with additional information supplied by Alex Braae, the media co-ordinator. New Zealand is one of our closest neighbors and indeed was considered to be part of the Australasian football community until the advent of World War 1 [...]
Sponsored Post Is it strange that someone that has a limited understanding of the nuances of AFL football should find themselves transfixed to the coverage of the AFL drafts? Perhaps there is personal recognition of youth lost when one witnesses the hopes and promise of young men about to embark on their ‘journey’ into the [...]
In this installment in the series on Australian Footballs outposts overseas Bigfooty talks to Ben MacCormack, General manager of AFL Europe. Ben had worked with the AFL in NSW and ACT in development, as well as the ACT Government, before moving to Europe with the intent of working with the Olympics. He found out about [...]
In this installment of the international series, Bigfooty talks to James Moore, who is an AFL Development officer with the Jakarta Bintangs Australian Football Team in Indonesia. James is a qualified teacher in the field of Indonesian studies, and he found an advertisement for the job of AFL Development officer with the Jakarta Bintangs which [...]
For this installment in this series of International Football Bigfooty talks to Sölvi Fannar Sigmarsson, the General Manager of Andspyrnusamband Íslands- soon to be known as AFL Iceland Australian football arrived on the shores of Iceland in May 2009, when an advertisement appeared in the local newspaper advertising for a bit of a kick followed [...]
The AFL has recently returned from its sojourns with the NFL in America to try to resolve the thorny issue of Equalisation. Since the return, information has been coming to us in drips and drabs – as the AFL likes to do. Heres what we know so far. On August 28th, the AFL released a [...]
In this installment of the series on international footy i talk to Alistair MacGlashan, the co-coach of the Chicago Swans. This is part 3 of a sub series on the USAFL. We talked to the President of the USAFL here and the co-coach of the Austin Crows here. Australian Rules took form in Chicago as [...]
For this installment of the international footy series, I talked to Simon Boyce, the co-coach of the Austin Crows. For further information on US Footy you can check out the interview with Denis Ryan, the President of the USAFL here. I wanted to get a cross section of the United States competitions, which due to [...]
For this latest installment in the International Football series, we talked to Denis Ryan, the President of the USAFL., with other input provided by Simon Boyce, the co-coach of the Austin Crows. The First ever match between two US Clubs was in 1996 between Cincinnati and Louisville. Most US players discovered the game via 1980s [...]
- Footy in the Motherland – The West London Wildcats December 4, 2013
- Across the Tasman – Australian Football in New Zealand December 4, 2013
- Footballer’s Cathedral November 27, 2013
- Australian Football in Europe November 26, 2013
- Everybody needs good neighbors – Australian footy in Indonesia November 23, 2013
- Northern Exposure – Australian Football in Iceland November 20, 2013
- The AFL plans for equalisation November 18, 2013
- Footy reaches the Windy City – Australian Rules in Chicago November 16, 2013
- Australian footy deep in the heart of Texas November 14, 2013
- The Revolution has arrived – Australian Footy in America November 14, 2013
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- bomberman: I was listening to Mark Fine for 2 nights on SEN r...
- Adrian Appleyard: This 2011 survey for the Economist - https://www.e...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: D'oh! It just occurred to me that semi-finals an...
- AsItShouldBePlayed: I hope the AFLPA have the balls to stand up to thi...
- AFL House (44)
- Announcements (22)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- Injuries (6)
- Interview (24)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (133)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- VFL (11)