All the talk in the off season from various Men Who Count at the AFL has been about Equalisation, and even though we covered this briefly in November, I thought it might be handy to get a grasp on exactly what developments took place to bring us up to date. Collingwood chief Gary Pert has [...]
“It’s quite hard to earn a living when FOX FOOTY’s on all day”. Has anyone seen the new Fox Footy Promo? Firstly YEAAHHHHH!!!!! Footy is just around the corner. Hey it may be only the NAB Challenge to begin with (18 games, live every day from February 12), but after months of horses running in [...]
Adam Goodes has won the Australian of the Year award, becoming the first VFL/AFL footballer to do so. He was named after recieving more than three thousand nominations and becoming the NSW Australian of the Year last November. Goodes said “The award of New South Wales, and of Australian of the Year is recognition of [...]
The New Zealand Hawks have gone down to the AIS Under 17 squad in a close match (AIS 4.16.40 d NZ Hawks 5.6.36). . I asked the New Zealand Coach Justin Davies for his thoughts the day after the game. Justin Davies is the coach of the New Zealand Hawks, which played out a thriller agains [...]
On January 14th, The AFL announced changes to the eligibility rules for total games which now means that where previously only games played were counted in a players tally, now coaching and umpiring will be included in the overall tally. The league said that since total games counted toward life membership, total games should apply [...]
The New Zealand Hawks will take on a squad from the AFL AIS Academy in Wellington at Westpac Stadium on January 25th with a very strong squad that is believed to be every chance of beating the Australians after the 2013 game ended with a 43 point loss to the New Zealand side. The New [...]
Followers of the sport of Australian football might be surprised to learn just how unpopular the game was before being adopted by state Associations in the 1880s. In almost every territory outside of Victoria, the matter of which rules to play was up for considerable debate. South Australia might have ended up a soccer state [...]
The Carlton Football Club. It’s the equal most successful club in the Australian Football League. It’s been home to some of the biggest names in Australian football – Jesaulenko, Kernahan, and Silvagni amongst others. It forms one of the so-called Big 4 Victorian clubs, with whom it shares some of Australian footballs biggest rivalries – [...]
The East Fremantle football club is often forgotten by some who debate modern football history, but it shouldn’t be. While we know a lot about Port Adelaide and its success thanks to its AFL application process and current presence, little is known outside of Fremantle and WA circles about the club that is the second [...]
If you live in Adelaide and follow the footy at all in the last 23 years, you’ll be familiar with the divide that separates the Adelaide Crows and the Port Adelaide Power. One has been a team that for all intents and purposes claimed to represent all South Australians, and the other has been something [...]
- 2014: The Year of Equality February 2, 2014
- No, we’re not crazy. January 30, 2014
- Adam Goodes wins Australian of the Year January 26, 2014
- AIS defeat NZ in a thriller January 26, 2014
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th January 18, 2014
- New Zealand Hawks to take on the AIS AFL Academy January 17, 2014
- Back to where it all began – the 1870′s January 12, 2014
- 150 Years of the Navy Blues January 7, 2014
- Giants of WA Footy – East Fremantle Football Club January 4, 2014
- The Power of Possibility December 30, 2013
- 2014: The Year of Equality | AFL Business: [...] the off season from various Men Who Count at...
- Bigfooty Offseason Report – Jan 11th-18th | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] has done a number of historical items in rec...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Football in Christchurch, NZ | AFL News from BigFooty: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Footy in the Provinces – Australian Footy in Canterbury, NZ | AFL Business: [...] did an interview with Rob Vanstom, CEO of AF...
- Catatonic Cat: O'Brien a square peg in footy's round hole http:...
- the_steadier: The house always wins. Might not be today.... mig...
- jenny61_99: Just a small thing - Adelaide actually beat the Bu...
- geekman: Hi guys, what happened to the pre/post game analys...
- Goodo73: So Melbourne played for draft picks... I have to s...
- Andrew Lewis: It does seem more like that with every day that pa...
- AFL House (47)
- Announcements (23)
- Cartoons (21)
- Club News (47)
- Dream Team (2)
- Fantasy Footy (2)
- Featured Posts (17)
- Features (15)
- Footy Betting (53)
- Footy Business (1)
- Friday Funny (4)
- history (3)
- Injuries (6)
- international (2)
- Interview (26)
- Ireland (4)
- Lists (20)
- Match Previews (236)
- Match Review Panel (10)
- Match Reviews (238)
- NAB Cup (1)
- National Draft (7)
- Off Topic (7)
- On the Grass (5)
- Opinion (135)
- Predictions (1)
- Press Releases (9)
- Season Review (8)
- Sports Medicine (9)
- Statistics (2)
- Supercoach (2)
- Team News (5)
- Team of the Week (4)
- Team Previews (22)
- Teams (36)
- Technology (3)
- Trade Period (1)
- Uncategorized (1)
- VFL (11)